Adapted from our high school curriculum, BioBuilders 6-7-8 provides small groups of middle school students with an introduction to the BioBuilder curriculum and an opportunity to pursue a team project in biodesign. The September course is open to individual students at a cost of $60 per student, and will be capped at 18 participants.
What's included? Five (5) hours of live instruction, four hours (4) of guided project team collaboration, biodesign assignments, reference materials, feedback on assignments and projects from BioBuilder Teaching Fellows, and a Project Showcase.
Schedule: Live sessions will be held via Zoom from 11:00AM-12:00PM EDT, and will run from Wednesday September 30th through Wednesday October 21st (accommodating the Oct. 12th holiday):
- Wed - 09/30 - Class 1: What is synthetic biology?
- Fri - 10/02 - Class 2: Introduction to biodesign projects
- Mon - 10/05 - Class 3: Re-engineering smell
- Wed - 10/07 - Class 4: Biodesign team session #1
- Fri - 10/09 - Class 5: Engineering living systems
- Mon - 10/12 - NO CLASS
- Wed - 10/14 - Class 6: Biodesign team session #2
- Fri - 10/16 - Class 7: Standard biological parts
- Mon - 10/19 - Class 8: Building a Color generator
- Wed - 10/21 - Class 9: Biodesign team session #3/Presentation recording
- Fri - 10/23 - NO CLASS (Project Showcase posted)
**NOTE: This course requires a minimum of 12 students to run given the team-based projects.**
REGISTER HERE: BioBuilders 6-7-8 (Sept 30)