Agreement, Waiver and Release for Participation in BioBuilder Education Session at LabCentral
1. I, the undersigned participant, have requested the opportunity to participate in an education session that includes, among other things, laboratory demonstrations, lectures, and discussions (“Educational Session”) with BioBuilder at LabCentral to further my educational goals and objectives and advance my knowledge in science. I agree to strictly adhere to all applicable rules, regulations, general decorum and conduct. I agree that my participation in the Educational Session is by invitation only, and that BioBuilder, in its sole discretion, may terminate my participation in the Educational Session at any time for any reason.
2. I acknowledge that laboratories are specialized environments involving, among other things, the use of scientific instrumentations, chemicals and biologics, which even under ideal laboratory conditions may involve a degree of risk that is probably greater than ordinarily encountered in daily life and that could involve greater risk, including bodily injury, if used improperly. I am aware that participating in the Educational Session can be dangerous and can involve risks of serious injury, including death. I acknowledge that BioBuilder and LabCentral are not insurers of my health and safety and do not assume responsibility for spontaneous and unforeseen events that may occur during my participation in the Educational Session.
3. I state that, to the best of my knowledge, I am in good health and suffer no mental impairment or physical disability or condition which renders my participation in the Educational Session medically inadvisable, or otherwise limits my ability to engage in the Educational Session activities. In the event that I should require emergency care while participating in the Educational Session or while at LabCentral, I grant my permission to BioBuilder and LabCentral, its staff, agents and employees to provide such emergency care and treatment that, in their judgment, may be deemed necessary or advisable. I assume the cost of such emergency care and treatment, if any, and accept responsibility for any treatment or care, including associated costs, required by me beyond the emergency status.
4. In consideration of BioBuilder and LabCentral’s permitting me to participate in the Educational Session, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, I hereby on behalf of myself and my parents or guardians, heirs, agents, executors, administrators, and assigns, waive any right or claim, release, discharge and hold harmless BioBuilder and LabCentral and their collaborators and their trustees, officers, directors, faculty, students, agents, employees from any liability for any injury to myself or others, including illness or death or emotional distress and other losses, expenses, liabilities, damages and or legal fees arising out of or in connection with my participation in the Educational Session.
5. I agree to permit BioBuilder, its employees, representatives or collaborators to photograph my image, voice and/or conversation (“my likeness”) in printed, electronic or other media form, now known or hereafter developed. My likeness may be used by BioBuilder and LabCentral and the aforementioned parties for any lawful purpose, including for public relations, fundraising, promotional, recruitment or educational materials. The media form in which my likeness has been captured may include printed or electronic publications or communications, websites, or other means of distribution or transmission, now known or hereafter developed. I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve any such media and authorize the use of my likeness in perpetuity and without any compensation to me. I hereby assign all right, title and interest in and to all such media capturing my likeness and agree that all such media shall be owned by BioBuilder.
6. I agree that this Release shall be governed for all purposes by Massachusetts law, without regard to such law on choice of law. This is a legally binding Release, Waiver, Discharge and Covenant Not to Sue, made voluntarily by me, the undersigned Participant, on my own behalf (or on behalf of my child if I am Participant’s parent or guardian), and on behalf of heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives and to the BioBuilder Educational Foundation.
7. I understand that in the case of an applicable cancellation refund, a refund will be issued, less any incurred payment processing fees.